Skip to the content
Fill in the blanks with the correct words:
- Animations are special sound or visual effects on a slide.
- Transitions are special effects that appear when you move from one slide to the next.
- The printed thumbnail versions of each slide with optional space for notes are called Handouts.
- The Action Settings dialog box has Mouse Click and Mouse Over tabs.
- The audio added on a slide will start automatically or when the mouse is clicked.
True or False. Correct the false statement(s).
- The Action Buttons are present in Shapes drop-down menu. (True)
- The Audio and Video buttons are present in Media group on the HOME tab. (False)
(Media group on the INSERT tab)
- You can record a narration that will play while the slide show runs. (True)
- A sound icon appears when an audio is inserted on the slide. (True)
- You can add only one animation to text and objects on a slide. (False)
(We can add multiple animations to text and objects on a slide)
Choose the correct option:
- Which one is not a PowerPoint animation effect?
- Which one is not a PowerPoint option to start an animation?
a) On Click
b) With Previous
c) After Previous
d) All Together
- The Print Layout that prints the thumbnail version of each slide with optional space for notes.
a) Full Page Slides
b) Notes Pages
- The tabs that appear when an audio or video element is added to a slide.
d) Both (b) and (c)
- Which value(s) is(are) valid for Advance Slides option in a PowerPoint Transition?
a) On Mouse Click
d) Both (a) and (b)
Answer the following:
- Write steps to add an audio file on your computer.
Step 1: INSERT tab → Media group → Audio option.
Step 2: Click the Audio on My PC option.
Step 3: Locate and select the desired audio file.
Step 4: Click the Insert button.
- What are the different ways to advance a slide in transition effects?
a) On Mouse Click: If we want the slide to stay on screen till the user clicks the mouse or press a key.
b) After: If we want the next slide to appear after specified number of seconds.
- What is animation? What are the four animation effects?
Animation is a special audio or visual effect that we can add to text or objects on a slide. The four animation effects are Entrance, Emphasis, Exit and Motion Paths.
- How will you add an action button which on clicking shows the first slide?
Step 1: Click the INSERT tab → Illustrations group → Shapes button.
Step 2: Select a Shape button from the Action Buttons section.
Step 3: Draw the action button on the slide by dragging.
Step 4: Select the Mouse Click tab.
Step 5: Select Hyperlink to: option.
Step 6: Select the destination as First Slide.
Step 7: Click OK.
- How will you record your own voice and add it on a slide?
Step 1: Click the INSERT tab → Media group → Audio option.
Step 2: Select Record Audio option from the menu.
Step 3: Click the Record button to record your voice.
Step 4: Stop button to stop recording.
Step 5: Click OK button to insert it on the slide.
- What are Action Buttons?
Action buttons are built-in button shapes used to assign an action to occur when we click or hover the mouse pointer over it.
- What are the various views in PowerPoint 2013?
Normal View, Outline View, Slide Sorter View, Notes Page and Reading View.
- What are the three commands in Start Slide Show group?
From Beginning, From Current Slide, Custom Slide Show.
- The Normal view is the default view in PowerPoint.
- The Normal view is the main editing view used to create and design a presentation.
- The Outline view shows the slide text in outline form.
- The Slide Sorter view is used to see all the slides in miniature form so that we can easily add, delete or move slides.
- The Reading view fills the PowerPoint window with a preview of your presentation.
- Shortcut keys:
a) to select consecutive slides: Shift + click the slides.
b) to select random slides: Ctrl + click the slides.
c) to duplicate a slide: Ctrl + D
d) To stop the slide show: Esc key