Section A [30 Marks]
I. Fill in the blanks:
a) Making changes to the default settings for the pages in a document is called page formatting.
b) WordArt is a text-styling feature of Word 2013.
c) Alignment guides are the green horizontal and vertical lines that appear when you move an image.
d) The mouse pointer changes to a double-headed arrow called the margin marker.
e) Tabs or Tab stops are used to control the alignment of text within a document.
f) Linux is an example of an operating system.
g) Drop Cap option is used to display the first letter of the paragraph in a larger size.
h) Portrait and Landscape are the two types of orientations in which a page is printed.
i) The default settings for all the four margins in Word 2013 is 1 inch.
j) Braille Printer can print the pattern of text in the form of raised dots.
II. Write the keyboard shortcuts for the following:
1) Superscript – Ctrl + Shift + =
2) Close Footer – Esc
3) Select entire document – Ctrl + A
4) Cut – Ctrl + X
5) Paste – Ctrl + V
6) Insert Footnote – Ctrl + Alt + F
7) Undo – Ctrl + Z
8) Center Align – Ctrl + E
9) Subscript – Ctrl + =
10) Insert Endnote – Ctrl + Alt + D
III. Name the Tabs and Groups to get the following features:
1. To insert column.
a) PAGE LAYOUT Tab
b) Page Setup Group
2. To wrap text.
a) FORMAT Tab
b) Arrange Group
3. To insert clipart.
a) INSERT Tab
b) Illustrations Group
4. To add watermark.
a) DESIGN Tab
b) Page Background Group
5. To select drop cap.
a) INSERT Tab
b) Text Group
IV. Give the full forms:
1) GW-BASIC – Graphic Window Beginner’s All Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code
2) BCR – Barcode Reader
3) LCD – Liquid Crystal Display
4) OMR – Optical Mark Reader
5) QR – Quick Response
a) Subscript: It is the text placed below the line of the normal text.
b) Antivirus: It is a software that detects and removes malicious programs from the computer.
c) Disk Checker: It is a utility program used to check and correct errors on the hard disk.
VI. Application-based questions:
a) What kind of formatting is shown in the above given figure? Define it.
The above figure shows Picture Formatting, by cropping an image. Cropping means removing unwanted edges of an image.
b) Name the tab and group where the above feature appears.
The above feature appears in Size group of FORMAT tab.
Section B (BASIC) [40 Marks]
I. Assign as SV/SC/NC/NV:
1. 234.7 (NC)
2. “17, S. B Gorai Road” (SC)
3. AB$ (SV)
4. Age (NV)
5. “Mohan” (SC)
1. Write a program to assign 3 numbers and calculate and print it’s total and average with message.
10 LET A = 10 20 LET B = 5 30 LET C = 20 40 LET T = A + B + C 50 LET AVG = T / 3 60 PRINT "Total = "; T 70 PRINT "Average = "; AVG 80 END
2. Write a program to store a number and assign 5 to B. Calculate and print the following:
i) Their product.
ii) 9th multiple of B.
iii) Half of the number stored.
iv) Sum of (i) and (ii)
10 LET A = 10 20 LET B = 5 30 LET P = A * B 40 LET M = B * 9 50 LET H = A / 2 60 LET S = P + M 70 PRINT "Their product = "; P 80 PRINT "9th multiple = "; M 90 PRINT "Half of the number stored = "; H 100 PRINT " Sum of i and ii = "; S 110 END
3. Write a program to assign your name, marks in 4 subjects and calculate and print your name, total and percentage.
10 LET N$ = "Sita" 20 LET M = 100 30 LET S = 95 40 LET C = 100 50 LET E = 90 60 LET T = M + S + C + E 70 LET P = T / 400 * 100 80 PRINT "Name = "; N$ 90 PRINT "Total = "; T 100 PRINT "Percentage = "; P 110 END
4. Write a program to assign 20 as length (L) and 30 as breadth (B) to calculate the area of the rectangle. (A = L × B).
10 LET L = 20 20 LET B = 30 30 LET A = L * B 40 PRINT "Area = "; A 50 END
5. Write a program to print the pattern:
10 PRINT "INDIA" 20 PRINT " NDIA" 30 PRINT " DIA" 40 PRINT " IA" 50 PRINT " A" 60 END
III. Write the function for each of the following:
1. SYSTEM – This command is used to exit from GW-BASIC.
2. CLS – This command is used to clear the GW-BASIC screen.
3. PRINT – This command is used to display a message on the GW-BASIC screen.
4. RUN – This command is used to execute the GW-BASIC program, currently stored in the computer’s memory.
5. END – This command is used to terminate the GW-BASIC program.