Skip to the content
Objective Type Questions
A. Fill in the blanks with the correct words.
- A Producer creates goods and services.
- Commerce is the buying and selling of products and services, usually for money.
- Internet allows banking activities like transferring funds, paying bills, etc., through the Internet.
- www.statebankofindia.com is an example of E-banking site.
- www.irctc.com is an example of an E-reservation site.
B. Write T for the true statement and F for the false one. Correct the false statement(s).
- E-commerce means online buying of products. (F) (Transactions conducted electronically or through the Internet)
- Online buying of products is available 24 × 7. (T)
- The cost of providing e-banking infrastructure is very high. (T)
- You can withdraw money from ATM machines using ATM cards. (F) (using debit cards)
- E-banking facility is available for only five days in a week. (F) (available all days)
C. Choose the correct option.
- E-banking is also called:
a) Online banking
b) Internet banking
c) Both a and b
d) None of these
- Which of the following is an/are the advantage(s) of e-banking?
a) It provides 24 × 7 service.
b) It saves time.
c) It helps reduce paperwork.
d) All of these
- The cost of providing e-banking infrastructure is very:
c) No cost
d) None of these
- E-reservations can be done for:
d) All of these
- Which of the following is not true for e-shopping?
a) You can examine the product physically.
b) There may be possibility of fraud.
c) It is available 24 × 7.
d) None of these.
Descriptive Type Questions
D. Answer the following:
- Mention any two advantages of e-commerce.
a) It is available 24 × 7.
b) Customers can select the product easily.
- Why do some people hesitate to buy products online?
Customers hesitate to buy products online because they cannot examine the product physically.
- What are the various types of e-banking?
a) Automatic Teller Machine (ATM)
b) Mobile banking
c) Telephone banking
d) Internet banking
- Mention any two limitations of e-banking.
a) Security is a major concern.
b) Infrastructure cost is high.
- Name any two popular online shopping sites in India.
- A blog or a weblog is a website on which articles are posted regularly and displayed in reverse sequential order.
- A blog usually focuses on a particular area of interest.
- Authoring a blog, maintaining a blog, or adding an article to an existing blog is called blogging.
- Blogger, at present is the most popular blogging service used today.
- A web feed or news feed is a facility that informs you when a website you are interested in has new content.
- The program or website that allows you to keep up with the new content from website of your interest is called a feed reader.
- Telling the feed reader which sites you want to see, is called subscribing to a website.
- Feeds are often known as RSS (Really Simple Syndication).
- A podcast is an audio or video file made available for download on the Internet, usually as a series.
- The term ‘podcast’ is a combination of terms iPod and broadcast.
- Google Drive is an online file storage service created by Google.
- Buyers are the people with money who want to purchase goods or services.
- Sellers are the people who offer goods and services to buyers.
- Producers are the people who create the products.
- E-commerce means transactions conducted electronically or through the Internet.
- B2B involves transactions taking place between companies.
- B2C refers to transactions between a company and a customer.
- C2C refers to e-commerce between consumers or individuals.
- Digital Middlemen refers to e-commerce model that provides information about products from many other companies.
- Buying and selling products on the Internet is called e-shopping or online shopping.
- In recent years, e-commerce has grown exponentially in India. TRUE
- Dragging a file from Google Drive to your Desktop won’t download it. TRUE
- Children should take their parents’ permission before ordering anything online. TRUE
- Name any two blog-publishing services.
a) WordPress, owned by Automattic.
b) Blogger, owned by Google.
- Name 5 popular feed readers.
c) My Yahoo Reader
e) Omea Reader
- Name the 3 parties in Commerce.
- Name the 4 kinds of e-commerce models.
a) B2B (Business to Business)
b) B2C (Business to Consumer)
c) C2C (Consumer to Consumer)
d) Digital Middlemen
- Name 3 C2C websites.
- Write 2 drawbacks of e-commerce.
a) Many people are still concerned about data security and the possibility of fraud.
b) Customers hesitate to buy online because they cannot examine the product physically.