Skip to the content
Objective Type Questions
Fill in the blanks with the correct words:
- In the <li> tag, LI stands for list item.
- The <ol> tag is used to create an ordered list.
- <ol> is a container element.
- An unordered list is one in which the order of items is not fixed.
- The border attribute of <img> tag is used to specify the thickness of the border surrounding the image.
State whether True or False:
- HTML does not allow nesting of lists. (FALSE)
(HTML allows nesting of lists)
- JPEG format contains approximately a million colors. (TRUE)
- The GIF format is best for images that have been designed using a graphics program. (TRUE)
- The SRC attribute specifies the URL of the image to be displayed on a webpage. (TRUE)
- The default alignment of an image is right. (FALSE)
(The default alignment of an image is left)
Write one word for the following:
- A list in which the order of items is significant. (Ordered List)
- The tag that we use to create a definition list item. (<DL>)
- The graphics format that is best for photographs. (JPEG)
- An attribute of the <img> tag that specifies the alignment of an image with respect to the surrounding text. (align)
- An attribute of the <body> tag that we use to specify an image as page background. (background)
Descriptive Type Questions
Answer the following:
- Name the HTML tag used to insert an image. Write any two attributes used with this tag.
The <img> tag is used to insert an image. Two attributes of the <img> tag are src and align.
- What values can the TYPE attribute of the <ol> tag have?
We can have A, a, I, i, or 1 as the TYPE attribute for the <ol> tag.
- Identify the error in the following statement and write the corrected statement:
<ul type = “I”>
<ol type = “I”>
- Write the expansions of the following:
a) <ol> Ordered List
b) <li> List Item
c) <ul> Unordered List
- What is the use of <ol> tag? Name two attributes that can be used with this tag.
An ordered list defines a list of items in which the order of items matters. Two attributes of <ol> tag are start and type.
- What are the following attributes of the <img> tag used for?
a) ALT: It specifies the text to be displayed while the file loads or if the browser does not support graphics.
b) BORDER: It specifies the thickness of the border surrounding the image.