Skip to the content
Objective Type Questions
Fill in the blanks with the correct words:
- A sprite is a graphic element that can be moved around, shrunk, grown, made to play music, etc.
- The stage area shows the output of the program.
- There are ten color-coded blocks in Scratch that can be used to create different kinds of programs.
- The green flag is used to run the script.
- To get out of the Scratch program, click the Exit option of the File menu.
State whether True or False:
- Once the sprite is added on to the Stage, you cannot delete it. (FALSE)
- You can change the look of a sprite by giving it different costumes. (TRUE)
- You can add sound only from the sound library. (FALSE)
- You can change the size of the stage. (TRUE)
- When you start a new project, by default the Dog sprite is seen at the center of the stage. (FALSE)
Choose the correct option:
- It contains the ten blocks drawers, where each drawer contains commands.
a. Costumes tab
b. Scripts tab
c. Sound tab
d. All of these
- To select more than one sprite in the Sprite library, click the:
a. Ctrl key
b. Shift key
c. Alt key
d. Any one of these
- A Scratch project has the extension:
- To delete a sprite on the stage:
a. Right-click the sprite and select Delete
b. Click the Scissor icon and then click the sprite.
c. Click the File menu and select Delete
d. Both a and b
- The Grow button is used to make the sprite:
Descriptive Type Questions
Answer the following:
- What are the main parts of a Scratch window?
Following are the main parts of the Scratch window:
a. Menu bar
c. Sprites list
d. Scripts tab
e. Costumes tab
f. Sounds tab
g. Blocks Drawers
h. Blocks Palette
i. Scripts Area
- What is the default sprite in Scratch?
The default sprite in Scratch is the Cat.
- How will you add a sprite from the library?
There are several ways to add a sprite:
a. Choose a sprite from the library.
b. Paint a new sprite.
c. Upload a sprite from file.
d. Insert a new sprite from camera.
- What is a backdrop?
A backdrop is the background view for the stage.
- How will you record a new sound from the Sound Library?
We can click the icon to open the Sound Library. Then we choose a category from the left. To preview a sound, we click the Play button beside its speaker icon. We can then click on OK to select the sound. We can also add a sound by double-clicking it.
- To delete multiple sprites: Shift key + Delete icon
- To undo an action: Ctrl + Z
Fill in the blanks:
- The main element in Scratch is a sprite.
- The Scratch logo button takes you to the Home page of the Scratch web site.
- Clicking the Globe button will open a menu which lists all the languages in which Scratch is available.
- Click the Duplicate button, and then click a block or sprite to make a copy of it.
- Clicking the Shrink button and then clicking a sprite will make it smaller in size.
- The red button is the Stop button that helps you stop a Scratch program.
- The Blocks Palette is the place where you find the programming logic for your Scratch project.
- The Scripts Area is the place where you stack the blocks to perform an action on the Stage.
- By default, the Cat sprite is at the center.
Answer the following Questions:
- What is scratch?
Scratch is a computer programming language meant to teach programming concepts to young students.
- What is a program?
A program is a set of instructions that, when executed by a computer, instructs the computer to perform a specific task.
- What do you mean by programming?
Programming refers to the process of creating a program or code using a programming language, which enables the computer to understand what the programmer wants to do.
- What is the task of a programmer?
A programmer breaks up the solution to a problem that can be solved by a computer, into a sequence of steps and then uses a programming language to write a program that will tell the computer what to do.
- What are the image and sound formats supported by Scratch?
Image formats: JPG, BMP, PNG, GIF, and animated GIF.
Sound formats: MP3, WAV, AIF, and AU files.