Skip to the content
Objective Type Questions
Fill in the blanks with the correct words:
- To display the rulers, click the VIEW tab.
- The top and bottom margins are indicated on the vertical ruler.
- The default page orientation in Word 2013 is portrait.
- A cover page can be inserted to introduce a document. It can have a title or an image, or both.
- To change the page color, click the DESIGN tab.
Following are the steps to set the paper size of a Word document. Number them in the correct order.
- Click on the Paper Size drop-down menu arrow. (3)
- Click on the Paper tab. (2)
- Choose the paper size from the list that opens. (4)
- Open the Page Setup dialog box. (1)
Choose the correct option:
- Which of the following formatting properties allow you to end the current page and begin a new one?
a. Page break
b. Page margin
c. Page orientation
d. Page border
- Which of the following is a page orientation that prints a Word document along the length of the paper?
- Which of the following tabs would you click to change the page color of your Word document?
d. PAGE LAYOUT
- If you want the word ‘IMPORTANT’ to appear behind the text of your Word document such that it is also visible when printed, which of the following formatting properties should you use?
a. Cover page
b. Header and Footer
c. Page margin
- On which of the following tabs is the Print option available?
d. PAGE LAYOUT
Descriptive Type Questions
Answer the following:
- What steps would you follow to specify your own page margin settings in Word 2013?
Following are the steps to specify our own page margin settings in Word 2013:
a. Click on PAGE LAYOUT tab.
b. Click Margins option in the Page Setup group.
c. Click Custom Margins.
d. Specify the Top, Bottom, Left, and Right margins.
e. Click OK.
- What are the default values of header and footer in Word?
By default, headers are printed 0.5 inches from the top of the page, and footers are printed 0.5 inches from the bottom of the page.
- What is a watermark? What are its special features?
A watermark is a text or picture placed behind the document text.
Following are it special features:
a. It remains fixed in the background.
b. It will also be seen on the printout.
c. It is mainly used to mark special pages.
- You have inserted the current date as the header in your Word document. What would you do if you want the date to update every time you open the document?
To update the date every time we open the document, we select the Update automatically option in the Date and Time dialog box.
- How will you delete a footer from a Word document?
Following are the steps to delete a footer from a Word document:
a. Double-click on the Footer.
b. Delete the text.
c. Click Close Header and Footer in the ribbon or press Esc.
Answer the following:
- What are default settings?
The settings that are standard or predefined in a software in a software are called default settings.
- What is the use of Format Painter?
Format Painter allows us to copy all the formatting from the selected text in one document, and apply these properties to another section of text in the document.
- What is page formatting?
Making changes to the default settings for the pages in a document is called page formatting.
- What is a margin?
The amount of white space between the text and the edge of a page is called the margin.
- Name the five tab stops in a Word document. Also give their uses.
Following are the five tab stops in a Word document:
a. Left tab stop: It sets the start position of the text.
b. Center tab stop: It sets the middle position of the text.
c. Right tab stop: It sets the right end of the text.
d. Decimal tab stop: It aligns numbers around a decimal point.
e. Bar tab: It inserts a vertical bar at the tab position.
- What are the two ways to set tab stops in Word 2013?
Following are the two ways to set tab stops in Word 2013:
a. By clicking on the horizontal ruler bar.
b. By using the Tab Stop dialog box.
- What is page orientation?
We can print a document along the length or the breadth of the page. This is called page orientation.
- What is a header?
A header is the name given to the text that is printed at the top of each page in a document.
- What is a footer?
A footer is the text printed at the bottom of each page.
- Name the various options available in Settings while printing a document.
Following are the available options:
a. Print All Pages
b. Print Selection
c. Print Current Page
d. Print Custom Page
Fill in the blanks:
- The Format Painter button is in the Clipboard group on the Home tab.
- When we select the Format Painter option, the mouse changes to a paintbrush icon.
- Any text that is placed below the line of the normal text is called subscript.
- Any text that is placed above the line of the normal text is called superscript.
- The subscript and superscript options are available in Font group on the Home tab.
- You can use the Text Effects button in the Font group to add different text effects.
- The Replace option is in the Editing group of the Home tab.
- Page formatting options are available in Page Setup group on the PAGE LAYOUT tab.
- A Word document has four margins – top, bottom, left, and right.
- The default setting for all the four margins in Word 2013 is 1 inch.
- The Margins option is in the Page Setup group of the PAGE LAYOUT tab.
- We can also set the margins using the ruler bars.
- While changing the margin using ruler bars, the mouse pointer changes to a double-headed arrow, called the margin marker.
- Tabs or tab stops are used to control the alignment of text within a document.
- If the document is printed along the breadth of the paper, the page orientation is said to be Portrait.
- If the document is printed along the length of the paper, the page orientation is said to be Landscape.
- The default page orientation in Word 2013 is Portrait.
- The Orientation option is in Page Setup group of the PAGE LAYOUT tab.
- A page break indicates the end of the current page and the beginning of a new one.
- The Page Break option is in Pages group of the INSERT tab.
- Page Color option is in Page Background group of the DESIGN tab.
- Page Borders option is in Page Background group of the DESIGN tab.
- Watermark option is in Page Background group of the DESIGN tab.
- To insert a picture as a watermark, select the Picture watermark option.
- To insert text as a watermark, select the Text watermark option.
- The Cover Page option is in Pages group of the INSERT tab.
- By default, headers are printed 0.5 inches from the top of the page, and footers are printed 0.5 inches from the bottom of the page.
- The Header option is in Header & Footer group of the INSERT tab.
- You can see headers and footers only in the Print Layout view.
- You can have different headers on odd and even pages of a document.
- The default setting is Print All Pages while printing a document.
- Use a hyphen to print page ranges.
- The Collated option will print the first set of pages in a document, then the next set, and so on.
Give the shortcut keys:
- Superscript: Ctrl + Shift + =
- Subscript: Ctrl + =
- To indent the first line of text: Tab key
- Line break: Shift + Enter