Skip to the content
Objective Type Questions
Fill in the blanks with the correct words:
- Hacking is unauthorized access to a computer and/or network resources.
- A Firewall is a network security program to keep a check on incoming and outgoing information.
- A/an antivirus program is used to prevent, detect, and remove malicious software.
- Phishing is the Internet fraud that aims to trick people into revealing sensitive information like their credit card numbers and passwords.
- An unsolicited, unwanted e-mail is called spam mail.
State whether True or False. Correct the False Statement(s):
- You can use any online information in your assignments or projects. (FALSE)
(We should acknowledge the source of information)
- You can use Google search engine to look up someone’s name to find out more about him/her. (TRUE)
- Cookies are the small storage of data that keeps a log of your online activity and reports it back to the host. (TRUE)
- COPPA enforces the parent’s rights to control what information websites collect about their children. (TRUE)
- Cyber crime is any crime that involves the computer and the Internet. (TRUE)
Choose the correct option:
- Which one is not a social media website?
- Which one is not an act of software piracy?
a. Buy your own licensed copy of software.
b. Make a copy of the licensed software and distribute it to others.
c. Buy only one copy of software but install it in more than one computer.
d. Give your friend a copy of the music CD you bought online.
- Which one is the safety measure for children to be taken while working online?
a. Don’t buy anything online without your parent’s permission.
b. Don’t respond to any message that makes you feel uncomfortable.
c. Acknowledge the online information used in your school assignments/projects.
d. All of these.
- Which one is not a cyber crime?
a. Peep into someone else’s computer when he is entering e-mail password.
b. Unauthorized access to information.
c. Steal a brand new computer.
d. Send hate messages to your friend.
- You should take parents’ permission:
a. to share your password.
b. to post personal videos or photos.
c. to buy anything online.
d. All of these.
Descriptive Type Questions
Answer the following:
- Write any two advantages and disadvantages of using the Internet.
Following are the two advantages of using the Internet:
a. It is a vast storehouse of information.
b. It is a convenient mode of communication.
Following are the two disadvantages of using the Internet:
a. It can spread malware.
b. Private information can be leaked easily.
- What is social media? Give two examples. Write its two advantages and two disadvantages.
Social media refers to the online communication platform used for interaction, content sharing, and collaboration among the users.
Facebook and Twitter are the two examples of social media.
Following are the two advantages of social media:
a. It helps user interact and socialize with other users.
b. It is a preferred medium of communication among bloggers, students, etc.
Following are the two disadvantages of social media:
a. It can be misused to leak private information.
b. Students often get addicted to social media, wasting a lot of useful time.
- What are the precautions you should take while sending an e-mail?
Following are the precautions one should take while sending an e-mail:
a. We should not send spam.
b. We should not respond to any message that makes us feel uncomfortable.
- What is software piracy? How can you help avoid it?
Software piracy is an act of illegal copying of a software and its distribution without buying the license or copyright for the same.
We can help avoid software piracy in the following ways:
a. We should buy our own licensed copy of software.
b. We should not make copies of software and distribute them.
c. If we have license for one user, then we should use it on only one computer.
d. We should not use illegal CDs given to us by our friends that contains our favorite music or games.
- How can you protect your online privacy on social media websites?
We can protect our online privacy on social media websites in the following ways:
a. We can disable the cookies in the web browser.
b. We can set the privacy level in social media websites.
State whether True or False:
- Internet is open to all. (TRUE)
- Google+, Wikipedia and LinkedIn are social media. (TRUE)
- Interested users can even create a community through social media. (TRUE)
- The Internet can be misused by kids to access ‘adult content’. (TRUE)
- An adware can slow down your computer. (TRUE)
- We should change our password frequently to keep financial accounts secure. (TRUE)
- We should enter our sensitive data only on secured websites. (TRUE)
- Public disclosure of trade secrets may sometimes be illegal. (TRUE)
- We should not check the Remember Password option or the Stay Signed in option when working on public computers. (TRUE)
Fill in the blanks:
- Reddit is an example of social media.
- You can search for any information on the Internet using programs called search engines.
- Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox are two web browsers.
- Google and Bing are two search engines.
- Skype and Google Duo are videoconferencing programs.
- E-commerce means buying and selling of goods online.
- Spamming overcrowds the e-mail inbox.
- A person who who does hacking is called hacker or cracker.
- A hacker is also called a white hat hacker.
- A cracker is also called a black hat cracker.
- A/An adware program places advertisement in your browser and allows pop-ups.
- Install anti-adware program in your system to avoid adware.
- Install anti-spyware program in your system to avoid spyware.
- E-mail spoofing is sending e-mail that appears to have originated from one source when it is actually sent from another source.
- E-mail bombing is repeatedly sending the same e-mail to a particular address.
- Flooding is sending several requests to a computer resource that it can handle resulting in denial of access to service to authorized users.
- Copyright laws protect creative works such as books, movies, music, paintings, photographs and software.
- A trademark is a word, name, or symbol used to identify and distinguish the product of one manufacturer or seller from that of others.
- A patent is a legal right that gains the creator of an invention the sole right to make, use, and sell that invention for a set period of time.
- The intellectual design right is a legal right to identify and distinguish industrial objects by way of their appearance, style, or design.
- A trade secret is non-public information concerning the commercial practices or secrets owned by a business owner.
- Password is the most common authorization method used in computers and the Internet to protect the user’s identity, data and information.
- The length of a password should be at least 8 to 10 characters.
Give the full forms:
- IPR: Intellectual Property Rights
- COPPA: Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Answer the following:
- What is a malware?
Malware is a malicious program that attacks a computer and harms the user’s data in many ways.
- What is plagiarism?
Plagiarism refers to the act of using others’ ideas and works without proper rights or without acknowledging the source of information.
- How can we avoid plagiarism?
We can avoid plagiarism in the following ways:
a. We should obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
b. We should mention the source when using someone else’s content.
- What is cyber bullying?
Cyber bullying is an act of threatening, harassing, humiliating, embarrassing, or targeting a person by another person using the Internet, digital technologies, or mobile phones.
- How can we avoid cyber bullying?
We can avoid cyber bullying in the following ways:
a. We should keep personal information private.
b. We should inform our parents if we are cyber bullied by someone.
c. We should take a stand against cyber bullying.
d. We should Google ourselves to find out what information is open on the Internet, and then take action to minimize such data.
- Who is a white hat hacker?
White hat hacker is a person who breaks into a computer system for the purpose of fixing flaws within the system and for improving security.
- Who is a black hat hacker?
Black hat hacker is a person who gains unauthorized access to a computer system for the purpose of stealing or corrupting data.
- Name any four antivirus software.
Following are the names of four antivirus software:
d. Quick Heal
- What is a spyware?
The spyware program surveys our Internet behavior and copies our passwords to use them for illegitimate purposes.
- What are the three forms of spamming?
E-mail spoofing, E-mail bombing, and Flooding are the three forms of spamming.
- What are intellectual property rights?
It is the right of a person to determine what sort of information bout him/her is collected and how that information is used.
- What is digital footprint?
The information about a particular user that exists on the Internet as a result of their online activity is called the digital footprint of the user.